The 2019 Acoustic Sunset Concert Series
Join us this summer on the deck of the Loeks Retreat Center at Camp Blodgett for another season of our 2019 Acoustic Sunset Concert Series. We are pleased to welcome four amazing artists who are sure to enchant you with their incredible music as you bask in the glow of the glorious West Michigan sunsets. Come early and bring a picnic supper, your favorite beverage, family and friends. Admission and parking are FREE (suggested donation - adults $10; cash or check donations accepted at the event venue. Donations support general operating funds for Camp Blodgett.)
Camp Blodgett is located at 10451 Lakeshore Drive
West Olive, MI 49460, 6 miles south of Grand Haven
Gates open at 6:00, music begins at 7:30
Sunday, June 2
Long-time friend of Camp Blodgett, Mark Lavengood will share his energetic wit and lively take on modern bluegrass with songs from his latest album WE’VE COME ALONG. “On We’ve Come Along, Mark shows his diversity as a musician and a dobro player. This record has it all: bluegrass, jams, solo slide performances and more!”
- Andy Hall, the Infamous Stringdusters
Deep Greens & Blues
Sunday, June 16
Deep Greens & Blues released their much-anticipated third album, ROLL ON, in early 2019. Blending eclectic musical backgrounds and influences, they create their own flavor of earthy, harmony-driven music, pleasing to fans and first-time listeners alike.
Sunday, July 21
Peter Mulvey will return once again to share heart-felt tales of his life on the road and deeply moving music from his recently released THERE IS ANOTHER WORLD. This record is a vivid dreamscape of imagistic, haiku-like auditory sketches, within which are plenty of wrenching, haunting, and even sweet songs.
The Fauxgrass approach to music, both original and traditional, has landed them a place in the progressive bluegrass community since their inception back in 2011. Their creative method to a familiar musical style is a breath of fresh air, and something worth experiencing for the acoustic music lover.
Things you may want to know about the Acoustic Sunset Concert Series
- The gates at Camp Blodgett open at 6:00pm and seating is first-come, first seated! The concert will begin at 7:30pm
- In case of rain or other unsatisfactory weather, the concert will take place inside the Loeks Retreat Center.
- You are welcome to take a walk down to the beach or ask a Camp Blodgett staff member for a tour of camp before the concert begins. We would be happy to show you around! Please stay on designated beach paths to help protect the dunes!
- You are welcome to bring a camping or beach chair; if you have a taller chair, try to be seated in the back or off to the side to make room for guests siting on blankets or in lower chairs. Camp Blodgett does have chairs available if you do not bring your own.
- You are welcome to bring food or beverages of your choice. There will be a concession stand with a limited selection of beverages and snacks. The proceeds from the concession sales support our Young Leaders program.
- Your donations at the Acoustic Sunset Concerts support the general operating budget that supports Camp Blodgett's mission and programs. Thank you for your support!