The 2018 Acoustic Sunset Concert Series
Join us this summer on the deck of the Loeks Retreat Center at Camp Blodgett for our 2018 Acoustic Sunset Concert Series. We are pleased to welcome three amazing artists who are sure to enchant you with their incredible music as you bask in the glow of the glorious West Michigan sunsets. Come early and bring a picnic supper, your favorite beverage, family and friends. Admission and parking are FREE (suggested donation - adults $10; cash or check donations accepted at the event venue. Donations support general operating funds for Camp Blodgett.)
Camp Blodgett is located at 10451 Lakeshore Drive
West Olive, MI 49460, 6 miles south of Grand Haven
Gates open at 6:00, music begins at 7:30
Sunday, June 3
Come celebrate Peter’s 10th Anniversary Acoustic Sunset performance! This remarkable storyteller will share tales from his ARE YOU LISTENING? album as well as favorites from his vast body of work. Peter Mulvey continues to tour, playing over a hundred shows a year as he has for the past twenty-five years. This is the core of what he does: music, in a room (or on a deck), performed for a live audience.
Sponsored by The Sunday Dinner Group, A REMAX Company
Sunday, July 1
At times called “Michigan’s Songbird,” May Erlewine pulls from a wide variety of sounds and influences to create her unique musical landscape. Featuring music from her latest album, MOTHER LION, you’ll hear traditional folk roots, old time country swing, soul, and rock and roll. A gifted musician and vocalist, May is inspired both by the hearts of the people and by the one in her chest.
Sponsored by The Gebben Family
Sunday, August 19
A legend of the Grand Rapids music scene, Ralston Bowles’ distinct brand of folk music is a contemporary gem that shares the social insights brought by his ’60s and ’70s predecessors, but allows for an infusion of worldly influence and carries an undeniable personal and independent tone.
Sponsored by GREAT LAKES MUSIC CAMP
Things you may want to know about the Acoustic Sunset Concert Series
- The gates at Camp Blodgett open at 6:00pm and seating is first-come, first seated! The concert will begin at 7:30pm
- In case of rain or other unsatisfactory weather, the concert will take place inside the Loeks Retreat Center.
- You are welcome to take a walk down to the beach or ask a Camp Blodgett staff member for a tour of camp before the concert begins. We would be happy to show you around! Please stay on designated beach paths to help protect the dunes!
- You are welcome to bring a camping or beach chair; if you have a taller chair, try to be seated in the back or off to the side to make room for guests siting on blankets or in lower chairs. Camp Blodgett does have chairs available if you do not bring your own.
- You are welcome to bring food or beverages of your choice. There will be a concession stand with a limited selection of beverages and snacks. The proceeds from the concession sales support our Young Leaders program.
- Your donations at the Acoustic Sunset Concerts support the general operating budget that supports Camp Blodgett's mission and programs. Thank you for your support!